Welcome to GW Immigration Consultants Ltd.

Work Hours

Mon-Fri: 9.00 A.M-5:00 P.M

E-mail Us

About Work Visa

Foreign nationals who wish to work in Canada must apply for Work Permit.

There are two type of work permits:

  1. Employer Specific Work Permit (Generally requires a Validated Job Offer through Labour Market Impact Assessment - LMIA)

    This type of work permits allows to person to work one employer only. Employer-Specific Work Permits generally require the Canadian Employer extend a Job Offer to the foreign worker. The job offer must be validated by submitting a Labour Market Impact Assessment – LMIA application to Labour Services and Development Canada. In some cases, employers may be exempted from applying for LMIA.

  2. Open Work Permit:

    Persons who wish to work in Canada can make an application for Open Work Permit either inside Canada or at a visa office abroad (Depending on their circumstances). Open Work Permits allow its holder to work for any Canadian employer whether full-time or part-time. Some conditions may be listed on the work permit with respect to working in regulated and health-care-related professions.

    Persons who can apply for Work Permits are:

    Generally, foreign national who wish to obtain a work permit must apply at a Canadian Visa office outside Canada. However, in certain situations, foreign national who are residing in Canada may qualify to apply for a work permit inside Canada.

There are different types of work permits:

  • LMIA (Labour Marker Impact Assessment) based work permit (Employer-Specific Work Permit)
  • Intra-Company Transferee (Employer-Specific Work Permit)
  • Start-Up Ultra Company Transfer work permit (Employer-Specific Work Permit)
  • International Experience Canada work permit (Open Work Permit)
  • Bridging Work Permit (Open Work Permit)
  • Post-Graduate Work Permit (Open Work Permit)

In addition to the types of work permits mentioned above, foreign national may apply for work permits inside Canada if they are:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada
  • International Students in Canada
  • Accompanying a spouse who is an international student studying in Canada

If you’re eligible, our team can help you apply for a work permit inside or outside Canada.


Interested in applying? The first step is to start the application. For that, click on the “Apply” button and follow the menu’s directions.


Fill out the forms with information that is accurate and up to date. Then, upload all the necessary documents. Finally, proceed to the payment stage.


We will get back to you within 1-2 business days. We can give you a phone call, or talk via email! Whatever is more convenient for you.

    Translate »