About Citizenship Application
A person can apply for Canadian Citizenship in any of the following ways:
- Persons who are born in Canada are usually eligible to become Canadian Citizens. They may apply for Canadian Citizenship certificate. In certain situations, Canadian born individuals to become Canadian Citizens.
- Permanent Residents who have resided in Canada for at least 3 years within the past 5 years preceding the date of the citizenship application
- Persons who are born outside Canada to Canadian parent can apply for Canadian citizenship certificate.
“Permanent Residents can apply to become Canadian Citizens by filing an application for Canadian Citizenship. Applicants must meet certain criteria to be eligible to apply for Canadian Citizenship.
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:
- Be a permanent resident of Canada
- Have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
- Have filed your taxes, if you need to
- Pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
- Prove your language skills
Some additional (or different) requirements may apply if you are:
- Applying for a Minor Child
- Current of Former member of the Canadian Armed forces
- A past Canadian Citizen
- A Canadian Citizen applying for an adopted child
Our team of experts can help to determine if you are eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship, prepare the citizenship application, and the measures you should take to become a Canadian citizen.
Interested in applying? The first step is to start the application. For that, click on the “Apply” button and follow the menu’s directions.
Fill out the forms with information that is accurate and up to date. Then, upload all the necessary documents. Finally, proceed to the payment stage.
We will get back to you within 1-2 business days. We can give you a phone call, or talk via email! Whatever is more convenient for you.